Pages

30 day Challange with Yoga and Beyond

This is a journal of my journey for my 30 day Yoga Challenge. So take a breath, place a small smile on your face and enjoy my trip through life with yoga on my side.

Monday, November 14, 2011

3 of 30

Nov/14/11 Yoga and Beyond Studio/Noon/60min/Ning

Today is 3 of 30 and I just finished a noon session at the Yoga and Beyond studio. I am still sick today runny nose, head is full of yuck. I was surprised at how excited I was to wake up and start the day. I had an excellent sleep and didn't even hit my snooze button. I was excited to get into the studio and have a yoga session.

Things were going great. I was energized and happy. When suddenly, someones cell phone started beeping. I decided not to let it bother me, they must have forgotten that they had left it on? I removed the thoughts from my head and continued with my practice. It went off again! This time it really bothered me. I was shocked that someone would have their cell phone in the studio space and especially that they didn't turn it off after it rang the first time!

I showed compassion and decided that maybe it was a Doc on call and they just wanted to get a practice in. They would be leaving soon and I returned to my practice. Nope not a Doc, not anyone on call. The cell phone continued to ring thoughout the rest of the practice. Each time I tried to refocus and continue on although, I noticed my back started to hurt. So I lay down to calm my thoughts and take a moment to relax.

I'm not sure why someone after hearing their phone go off wouldn't turn it off? I'm not sure why they decided not to show the same respect the rest of the class had and not bring their phone into the studio space? I just feel bad for the person now. How are they to really relax and move deeper into their practice when they can't even put their cell phone away for 1 hr. Let this be a lesson: How are you going to connect to the world you're in, when you are living in a world where your cell phone is more important to you? LET it GO!

It is time to eat lunch, warm soup, on this snowy day. Take the dog for a walk. Then work a night shift.

No comments: