Pages

30 day Challange with Yoga and Beyond

This is a journal of my journey for my 30 day Yoga Challenge. So take a breath, place a small smile on your face and enjoy my trip through life with yoga on my side.

Monday, November 28, 2011

12 of 30

Nov 28th/2011 Sayulita/ Mexico 0830am/ 90min /Erik

It's been 4 days since my last yoga practice. I'm a little upset about this as I was looking forward to the 30 day challenge. Today was an amazing day for me though, as I learned many things about Mexico and myself.

I went to a studio in Sayulita called Paraiso. My instructor was Erik and I was feeling rushed when I arrived, but here, in Mexico, I was the first one to arrive. Man, I was happy to be back on my mat. When the class started I realized how good I have it at home in Ning's studio. The level of instructors and connection I feel to the studio run very deep in my heart at Beyond Yoga. I went through the poses and quickly came to focus on the things I had learned at Beyond Yoga. I did feel bad at the end of our physical practice as the instructor wanted to stay and meditate but by this point my mind was all ready to surf. I wanted to meet with my instructor and get in the water, so once again, I felt in a rush to leave. I will do a home practice today in my hotel room and see that I don't rush it.

Today, I woke up in Sayulita, Mexico (I arrived here Nov. 26th) for my first instructed surf lesson with Beto http://www.sayulitasurfcamps.com. I'm very happy with the instruction. Beto is so passionate about teaching more than just a surf lesson. He wants to teach the surf life, even more so about Sayulita Life. He took the time to teach me about the things he grew up with. I learned so many things. I learned how to watch waves, how to watch other surfers. I learned how to fall, I learned how to deal with many of the fears I am faced with when surfing. I learned how not to rush, to see the things around me. I learned to be on my board. Just like how to be present on my yoga mat.

So many things have brought me here this time. The choices I have made in the past year have helped to create the perfect conditions for me to deal with these moments. I remember surfing in Costa Rica and the experience was not the same. I was not balanced, I was not healthy and because of that I was not able to surf. My dedication and the direction I have gone this last year have set me up for perfect success. I am healthy, I am strong, I am open and focused, I can feel and be present in the moment. These are the elements needed to surf. To sit and be patient for the wave to come. To feel the right speed and set yourself up. To be confident and to take your moment, the moment when the wave and you are in balance. To breathe, to root yourself to your board and to have fun! Remember to smile on the wave.

Cheers. Teresa

No comments: