Pages

30 day Challange with Yoga and Beyond

This is a journal of my journey for my 30 day Yoga Challenge. So take a breath, place a small smile on your face and enjoy my trip through life with yoga on my side.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

14 of 30

Nov 29/ Sayulita/ Mexico/ 0730am/ 30 min/ Self

I woke up super stiff this morning. My neck was sore and my legs were tight. I jumped out of bed and started my sun salutation. It felt so good, I just kept going. I needed a warm up before my early morning surf session. Even though I was feeling stiff when I woke up, after warming up my body with yoga I was feeling really good.

My surf session was incredible! We headed into the bigger waves today, where all the good surfers go. It was scary, but great to have Beto at my side. He explained where to be, what the waves were doing and told me I was ready for them. It's pretty funny, I thought I was a relaxed person? I picture myself as someone that remains calm in stressful situations, but I kept hearing Beto say, "Relax, focus on your breathing, feel where you are on your board and look at where you are with the wave." I kept thinking to myself. . . 'Do I look like I'm stressing out?' LOL

It's true, as soon as I started to do the things Beto said, my movements were slow and purposeful. I wasn't splashing the water and I could move gracefully. It's not about how many waves you catch. Its about HOW you catch the wave that's good for you.

This lesson continues to come up in my life, in yoga, in surfing, in whatever. It's important to be in the moment, that way you can do it right. Just remember, these are the situations in life. If you're SMILING you're doing it right for you.

Teresa, smiling through life moments. :)

No comments: