Pages

30 day Challange with Yoga and Beyond

This is a journal of my journey for my 30 day Yoga Challenge. So take a breath, place a small smile on your face and enjoy my trip through life with yoga on my side.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

11 of 30

Nov 22/11 Yoga and Beyond Studio noon/ 60min/ Ning

I'm so tired right now but I'm making this a prioity to write. It's really important for me to keep these journal entries for my 30 day Challenge. I am excited to read through them at the end and see the changes.I went to the studio today and it felt great! Ning is such a good teacher, I value her lessons. Today we spent a lot of time learning about getting into the pose. This was a very good lesson for me. It's not always about how the pose looks. It's about how you get there. This is very similar to life. We can try all we want to look like the Smith's across the street. But in the end, it's about how we get to that place. It's about the steps you take, and about taking the time to ponder whether or not we took the right step. If you don't set yourself up with mindful movements it could all come crashing down. When getting into a pose it's important to have your foundation strong and in line. Each flow of moment into the next movement needs to be slow and feel right. When you have this feeling of balance in your body the pose will be right for you. Once you get to this point, looking at the next persons mat and the pose that they are in becomes the furthest thing from your mind. You start to value where you are at that moment.I spend a lot of time dreaming of the end result. Where I am in my life. What I picture my life to be like and sometimes, I rush to get there. I'm sure I have even hurt people during these times. I know that I have made rushed decisions because I could only see my side. I'm learning slowly that the journey is the whole purpose. Each positive decision you make is the success.

Studio time again tomorrow, then Mexico.

No comments: